10 questions to ask –yourself– before renting or buying an apartment. Do not make the mistake of renting something that you will regret later!
CHECK-LIST before buying an apartment / HOUSE:
- Verify that the person who sells the property to us is the real owner. This is quick to ask for a simple note at the Land Registry.
- Verify the house’s square meters (useful and built) because when buying a home we pay for the built. If the owner does not provide it, go to the cadastre and ask for it.
- Check that there is sufficient electrical voltage in the house.
- Check the water pressure: if it comes out with enough force.
- Check that the appliances, if any, are working properly.
- Ask about the state of the electrical installation and plumbing. Especially if the house is second-hand.
- Ask if the ITE has passed or if there are any pending bills in the Community.
- Check that the walls do not have cracks or inherited dampness.
- Visit the neighbourhood day and night so you don’t get any surprises later.
- Attend a neighbour’s meeting, if you can or are allowed, it is important to know who you have as neighbours.
CHECK-LIST before renting an apartment / HOUSE:
- The same as with the sale and purchase: verify that the person who rents you is the owner of the property.
- Ask if the house has heating or air conditioning and if the heating is central or individual.
- Ask if pets are accepted.
- Ask if there is a concierge and what hours they have.
- Take a walk around the neighbourhood to see if there are green areas nearby or if it changes a lot between night and day. Observe your future neighbours, where are the supermarkets.
- Ask how the heating is, because underfloor heating consumes less than if it is electric heating, for example.
In addition, we offer a House Sitting service, if during the stay the client wants more help, we offer it.